The Piedmont Cancer Registry, that previously watched the population of the city of Turin, in 2008 started the recording Metropolitan Area of Turin (2,247,280 inhabitants), completing the collection of data for five years (2008-2012).
This section presents the data on the incidence and mortality of the five-year period divided by geographical areas corresponding to the local health agencies (ASL):
- the TO1-2 area corresponds to the city of Turin;
- the TO3 area to the ASL of Collegno and Pinerolo (which also includes the cities of Rivoli, Orbassano, Venaria Reale and the Susa, Chisone, Germanasca and Pellice);
- the TO4 the ASL area of Ciriè, Chivasso and Ivrea (which includes the valleys of Lanzo and Canavese);
- the TO5 the ASL area of Chieri, Carmagnola, Moncalieri and Nichelino.
For mortality also comes the time trend from 1985 to 2012. It also points to the survival data of incident cases, followed with follow-up until 31 December 2015. Finally, there is the observed prevalence and the estimated total head.
All the indicators are presented in graphs and standard tables for each cancer site.
The age-specific rates can be found in separate tables. Methods and indicators can be found at the bottom of the list.
The tables and the texts are in English to facilitate the consultation of data well beyond the national scope.
- Mouth — ICD-10: C 03-06
- Oesophagus — ICD-10: C 15
- Stomach — ICD-10: C 16
- Colon — ICD-10: C 18
- Colon-rectum — ICD-10: C 18-21
- Rectum — ICD-10: C 19-21
- Liver — ICD-10: C 22
- Gallbladder biliary tract — ICD-10: C 23-24
- Pancreas — ICD-10: C 25
- Larynx — ICD-10: C 32
- Lung — ICD-10: C 33-34
- Bone — ICD-10: C 40-41
- Skin, melanomas — ICD-10: C 43
- Mesothelioma — ICD-10: C 45
- Soft tissues — ICD-10: C 47, 49
- Breast — ICD-10: C 50
- Cervix uteri — ICD-10: C 53
- Corpus uteri — ICD-10: C 54
- Ovary — ICD-10: C 56
- Prostate — ICD-10: C 61
- Testis — ICD-10: C 62
- Kidney — ICD-10: C 64
- Bladder — ICD-10: C 67
- Brain and other C.N.S. — ICD-10: C 70-72
- Thyroid gland — Tiroide — ICD-10: C 73
- Hodgkin's disease — ICD-10: C 81
- Non Hodgkin's disease — ICD-10: C 82-85, C 96
- Myeloma — ICD-10: C 88-90
- Lymphatic leukaemia — ICD-10: C 91
- Myeloid leukaemia — ICD-10: C 92
All sites but skin carcinoma
- Age-specific rates
- Methods and indicators